"going to sit here and write 6-word stories now"cross-posting from my new personal tumblr.
today’s state of mind:
- we are just bags of fat
- elbows bruised from hours at rest
- regret from swallowing a pearl whole
- she’s a hard act to follow
- oedipus was too blind to live
- statistics is the art of imperfection
- california, heart of my puer aeternus
- dear colleges, i cant. from emily.
inspired by my friends and what’s going on recently. brought to you by tonight’s shower musings, which were spent on these rather than brainstorming for college application essays…
- tired of humoring me? say so.
- "appearance: just as important as personality"
- full plate overflowing, but still hungry
- nevermind, thought you two were dating
- last thing you want to be
and a couple off of a different tangent:
- who’s the protector of the protector?
- i am an expert at loneliness.
- give me a chance at love.
finally picked a working story for web issue, but i need to finish it soon. its a good thing im not the poetry editor, because all of my poetry at this point is stubbornly personal and raw and ugly. i like to think that when all poets start out, they end up writing about the darkest parts of themselves; after a while, the words taper off and then they’re open to start writing about other more mundane things that are safe to show the rest of the world. but im not really there yet.